(to the tune of “It’s In His Kiss,”
[more or less])
Is it ready?
I wanna know!
How can I tell my submission is right?
Is it in my writing?
Oh no! If you didn’t shirk
Is it in my writing?
(un-uhn!) then you’re done that work.
How can I tell my submission is right?
Is it in my writing?
Oh no! If you didn’t shirk
Is it in my writing?
(un-uhn!) then you’re done that work.
![]() |
| SubTerrain |
If you wanna know
If your submission is right
Check the website
(You’ll get it right!)
I wrote a cover text
That’s great – but not too long
Three pages single spaced
Oh no! stay shorter than this
song!
Give your name and address
Give your name and address
submission title(s), and bio
![]() |
| Qwerty Website |
(You’ll get it right!)
Oh,ooh, oh! It’s on the ’site!
(You’ll get it right!)
Oh, oh, oh, read ’em --
Extracts from the publication
![]() |
| Antigonish Review |
If your work's a fit, if it’s really right,
It's there on the ’site!
How 'bout my 12 page CV?
Oh no! That's not the way!
You're not listenin' to all I say!
If you wanna know
If your submission is right
Then check the ’site
(You’ll get it right!)
Oh,ooh, oh! It’s on the ’site!
(That's where it is!)
There you can find out
the editor’s name
And the kind of work they
like to print
![]() |
| Fiddlehead |
It's there on the ’site!
How 'bout my original art?
You’ll never see it again
And you're not listenin' to
all I'm sayin'!
To reiterate
To reiterate
you need to include:
your very best writing;
It
never feels done!
a cover letter
a cover letter
(and it never will…)
with title, name, address
with title, name, address
and a short bio;
if the site says snail mail
if the site says snail mail
don’t send it email
and remember the SASE
(Self-addressed stamped envelope)
Always check the ’siteI’ll get it right!
Oh,ooh, oh! It’s on the ’site!
‘cause I looked on the ’site!
![]() |
| Geist takes eSubmissions! |





I never thought about doing a blog like this. It's really cool and catchy!
ReplyDeleteI thought it was really geeky and silly, but it's one solution to the problem of having to convey dry, factual information.
ReplyDeleteYeah. That was the big problem I had writing that blog, how do you make the information interesting but still get it across. Guess I have to try and get more creative next time!
Delete