I've always liked writing. Ever since I was a little girl, I loved to write. Even if I wasn't writing, I was coming up with ideas and telling people about them. Part of it was because I liked (and still like to) be the center of attention, but another reason is because I want to change the world with my ideas. Perhaps not in a huge way, but in a I've-made-your-day-better sort of way.
For class, the article I chose to read was titled The Girl with the Ribboned Pigtails. The title really stuck out to me and was enough of a reason for me to read it. I thought it was going to be more about the impression that this little girl left on our author, Shauna Singh Baldwin, and how this little girl then influenced her to write. Rather, Shauna met this young girl with ribboned pigtails and was left to ponder how easily people now-a-days can become published.
That's what's to gain from this article as a writer in the 'real world.' Now that we have access to the Internet as well as everyone trying to make it big through the world of publications, she hopes that this girl with ribboned pigtails will continue to write, possibly get published, and make a living through the means of writing.
Those who write should write because they like to write. They should try to get published because they want to get published and feel as though their work is good enough. They shouldn't write "Only when [they] son't have anything more important to do." Writing is important. That's what's to be learned from this. Writing is the centre of our world and needs to be taking seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment